Google+ Followers

Friday, April 19, 2013

JONES MAGAZINE CREATOR TRACEY FERGUSON IS BUSY KEEPING UP WITH HER HOT MAGAZINE






Move over Essence, there's another hot magazine in town. And the owner is of African American descent, breaking barriers in white America. Tracey Ferguson formerly of Centic's "Keeping up with The Joneses" has proved that she can make her dreams of starting her own magazine a living reality. And not to mention, a success story!  


 

I have had the pleasure of getting a close glimpse into the life of Tracey Ferguson on her reality show on BET Jazz,  "Keeping up with the Joneses" back before BET changed the name into what we now know as BET Centric. Being a lover of all things fashion and a published Author, I was very interested in seeing how a woman from Houston, Texas would create a magazine focusing on high end fashion and the lifestyles of the elite. The show definitely inspired me and I  immediately became a fan of Tracey. She was the woman I wanted to be. She is smart, beautiful, classy, and an intelligent business woman. But most of all, she is a great mother to her two, equally smart and beautiful kids. A daughter named Kendall, and son Joshua. 

I was impressed to see how she could maintain her personal life while raising her children, and starting her own magazine, especially while still mourning the loss of her late husband Gary Ferguson. After the first season of "Keeping up with The Joneses" I just had to see what was going on with Tracey. I was very surprised to see that she had moved her family to New York, so that she could take her magazine to the next level.  I took to my twitter to tell the entrepreneur how much she had inspired me. And to my surprise, she responded back to me. She even gave me some advice about writing, and those were the very words that has encouraged me to start  blogging and writing about beauty and fashion. I share the same passions as Tracey, and like her, I hope to one day make my dreams become bigger and full of adventure. Hopefully I will be able to get an interview with the beautiful business woman and post it here on my blog for you guys. She is truly my mentor (in my head) and I will be studying her magazines daily to stay on top of the latest fashion trends and beauty products. 

Job well done Tracey, and please y'all, let's support our African American entrepreneurs. Tracey is doing something that most of us would be afraid to do. And she is prospering right before our eyes. Go pick up the latest issue of Jones magazine if you haven't already. I don't know about you guys but I am busy keeping up with the Joneses!

1 comment:

  1. Please we need the magazine as we have no high fashion magazine to share with our daughters that represent woman and girls from african background in Europe.
    Please I have teenagers looking for magazine like Jones magazine.
    Please make it available everywhere where people from African descendants are Africa, Brazil, south America, the carribeans, Europe etc. It is a great need for Jones.

    ReplyDelete